interview in Open Road Review, read here
recent article in new indian express, ‘gita is not a decree’ – read here
Bhagavad Gita – A new release including Ishavasya Upanishad. Just out from Fingerprint press, India. Available online at Flipkart, Crossword and in many stores. This is an Indian subcontinent edition only. (For the USA and Canada edition, please order directly from (and support) independent publisher Autumn Hill Books, see books page for links).
New & Selected Poems –Available worldwide online direct from the publisher, Poetrywala: click here. Also available in select stores in India– Mumbai: Kitabkhana. Bangalore: Atta Galatta. Hyderabad: Bookpoint.
Kalidasa for the 21st Century Reader shortlisted for the Lucien Stryk Prize in translation. Winner will be announced on October 28th, 2015. Read more from the ALTA website here. Excerpt from the introduction to this book out in scroll.in 19 Sep 2015, read here. INTERVIEWS: Pune Mirror. Kitaab. Podcast interview with Shoba Narayan on why Kalidasa matters and is so much fun, watch here. See books page for excerpts.
Echolocation. A new edition of this book released by Math Paper Press, Singapore, in 2014. Buy online here. (For the original silver-bound gift edition of 2003, see the books page).
- “Sing to Me” and “Monkey Puzzle” from the manuscript selected as Anomalous Chapbook Contest Notable, read here and here.
- “Poem, Sisyphus” in Omniverse, read here.
For poems from previous books, see ‘books’ tab, or publications list in the ‘bio’ tab
- “A Brief History of the Bhagavad Gita’s Canonization” in Religion Compass. (Email Mani for a pdf if you do not have access to Wiley).
- “Writing to Stop.” Read in 91st Meridien.
- “Automatic Writing – Real, Surreal, Hyper-real” in Fulcrum 7. Download pdf here.
- “Repetitiveness in Gita translations.” Read in eXchanges.
- Translator’s Note on the Gita translation. Read in eXchanges.
- “Stretch.” XCP. Download pdf here.
- “Halloween” in Dimsum. Download pdf here.
- “Decoding Augustine via Saussure.” In-Between Journal of Literary Criticism. Download pdf here.
- “Caterpillar to Butterfly: Thoreau’s dietary journey.” Thoreau Society Bulletin. Read here.
- “Lorine Niedecker Condens.” Interim. Read here.
- Review of Arvind K. Mehrotra’s Songs of Kabir. Translation Review (Vol 83, Issue 1, 2012). Download pdf here.
- Review of Mohammad A Quayum’s Rabindranath Tagore: Selected Short Stories. Cha (Mar 2012, Issue 16.) Read here.