SCHEDULE: Bangalore Lekhana Literary Weekend (Jan 17,18). Hyderabad Literary Festival (Jan 24-26). Mumbai Kala Ghoda Festival (Feb 11, 12, 13).
New & Selected Poems
Buy online worldwide from the publisher Poetrywala here. Available in select stores in India– Mumbai: Kitabkhana. Bangalore: Atta Galatta.
Click here to buy online from the publisher Math Paper Press >
Kalidasa for the 21st Century Reader.
Available online on Amazon (USA, Canada, India) and many bookstores in India including Flipkart. Click here to buy from the publisher Aleph Books >
INTERVIEWS: Pune Mirror here. Read interview in Kitaab here. Podcast interview with Shoba Narayan on why Kalidasa matters and is so much fun, watch here.
Read excerpts HERE>
- “Sing to Me” and “Monkey Puzzle” from the manuscript selected as Anomalous Chapbook Contest Notable, read here.
- “Poem, Sisyphus” in Omniverse, read here.
For poems from previous books, see ‘books’ tab, or publications list in the ‘bio’ tab
- “A Brief History of the Bhagavad Gita’s Canonization” in Religion Compass. (Email Mani for a pdf if you do not have access to Wiley).
- “Writing to Stop.” Read in 91st Meridien.
- “Automatic Writing – Real, Surreal, Hyper-real” in Fulcrum 7. Download pdf here.
- “Repetitiveness in Gita translations.” Read in eXchanges.
- Translator’s Note on the Gita translation. Read in eXchanges.
- “Stretch.” XCP. Download pdf here.
- “Halloween” in Dimsum. Download pdf here.
- “Decoding Augustine via Saussure.” In-Between Journal of Literary Criticism. Download pdf here.
- “Caterpillar to Butterfly: Thoreau’s dietary journey.” Thoreau Society Bulletin. Read here.
- “Lorine Niedecker Condens.” Interim. Read here.
- Review of Arvind K. Mehrotra’s Songs of Kabir. Translation Review (Vol 83, Issue 1, 2012). Download pdf here.
- Review of Mohammad A Quayum’s Rabindranath Tagore: Selected Short Stories. Cha (Mar 2012, Issue 16.) Read here.