Kalidasa for the 21st Century Reader.
“Mani Rao gives us versions from what she tells us is Kalidasa’s least admired poem – but, completely reinventing Sanskrit translation, she also gives us new eyes by which to think on it.”– Almost Island.
“Immediacy and palpable beauty” — Poetry at Sangam.
Available on Amazon USA, Canada, India, and many online bookstores in India. Click here to buy from the publisher >
Singapore edition of echolocation, Math Paper Press.
Click here to buy online >
POEMS from the manuscript of Gods Are Us, based on Greek and Indian mythology (looking for a publisher).
- “Sing to Me” and “Monkey Puzzle” from the manuscript selected as Anomalous Chapbook Contest Notable, read here.
- “Poem, Sisyphus” in Omniverse, read here.
- “Ode to Kali” and “Ravana’s Garden” in Muse India‘s issue on ‘Poetizing Indian Heritage,’ read here.
- Twelve poems including “Jove’s Collar,” “My Daughter Philomela” in Almost Island, read here.
- “Ding Dong Bell” and “Peace Treaty” in Mascara, read, here.
- “Ganga Jump” in Desilit, read here.
- “Father’s Day” in Cordite, read here.
- “Midas, A Casino In Vegas,” “Ouranos Returns,” and “Cupid & Psyche” in Mascara, read here.
- Five poems just out in Harper Collins Anthology of Poetry by Indians, 2012. Read “Shiva’s Digs” here.
For poems from previous books, see ‘books’ tab, or publications list in the ‘bio’ tab
- “A Brief History of the Bhagavad Gita’s Canonization” in Religion Compass. (Email Mani for a pdf if you do not have access to Wiley).
- “Writing to Stop.” Read in 91st Meridien.
- “Automatic Writing – Real, Surreal, Hyper-real” in Fulcrum 7. Download pdf here.
- “Repetitiveness in Gita translations.” Read in eXchanges.
- Translator’s Note on the Gita translation. Read in eXchanges.
- “Stretch.” XCP. Download pdf here.
- “Halloween” in Dimsum. Download pdf here.
- “Decoding Augustine via Saussure.” In-Between Journal of Literary Criticism. Download pdf here.
- “Caterpillar to Butterfly: Thoreau’s dietary journey.” Thoreau Society Bulletin. Read here.
- “Lorine Niedecker Condens.” Interim. Read here.
- Review of Arvind K. Mehrotra’s Songs of Kabir. Translation Review (Vol 83, Issue 1, 2012). Download pdf here.
- Review of Mohammad A Quayum’s Rabindranath Tagore: Selected Short Stories. Cha (Mar 2012, Issue 16.) Read here.