- “Sing to Me” and “Monkey Puzzle” from the manuscript selected as Anomalous Chapbook Contest Notable, read here and here.
- “Poem, Sisyphus” in Omniverse, read here.
- Poems from Ghostmasters, read in Almost Island here.
- “Postcard Aphrodite”first published in Colorado Review and “Fêted” first published in Interim read in Big Bridge anthology online here
- If you like Lorine Niedecker, you may care for this poem-essay about her work and life using only her words, in Dukool, read here.
- “Ding Dong Bell,” “Peace Treaty” and “Illiad Blues” in Mascara here
- “Father’s Day” in Cordite here
- Various poems in Softblow here and here
- “Pol Pot” and “En Route” in Asia Literary Review here
- One of my own favorite poems is in nth position here
- Various poems in Sangam House here
For more poems from previous books, see ‘books’ tab, or publications list in the ‘bio’ tab, The “New and Selected Poems” book released in India by Poetrywala has a selection from across my books, see this link
A conversation with Devdutt Pattanaik about the Gita at Bangalore Literary Festival (Dec 2015), see here
Preface to new book-translation of Andal (by Priya Sarukkai-Chabria and Ravi Shankar, Zubaan Books, read and/or download here
Interview in Open Road Review, read here
Recent article in new indian express, ‘gita is not a decree’ – read here
Buy new poetry book on amazon india here
Bhagavad Gita – A new release including Ishavasya Upanishad. Just out from Fingerprint press, India. Available online at Flipkart, Crossword and in many stores. This is an Indian subcontinent edition only. (For the USA and Canada edition, please order directly from (and support) independent publisher Autumn Hill Books, see books page for links).
New & Selected Poems –Available worldwide online direct from the publisher, Poetrywala: click here. Also available in select stores in India– Mumbai: Kitabkhana. Bangalore: Atta Galatta. Hyderabad: Bookpoint.
Kalidasa for the 21st Century Reader shortlisted for the Lucien Stryk Prize in translation. Winner will be announced on October 28th, 2015. Read more from the ALTA website here. Excerpt from the introduction to this book out in scroll.in 19 Sep 2015, read here. INTERVIEWS: Pune Mirror. Kitaab. Podcast interview with Shoba Narayan on why Kalidasa matters and is so much fun, watch here. See books page for excerpts.
Echolocation. A new edition of this book released by Math Paper Press, Singapore, in 2014. Buy online here. (For the original silver-bound gift edition of 2003, see the books page).
- “A Brief History of the Bhagavad Gita’s Canonization” in Religion Compass. (Email Mani for a pdf if you do not have access to Wiley).
- “Writing to Stop.” Read in 91st Meridien.
- “Automatic Writing – Real, Surreal, Hyper-real” in Fulcrum 7. Download pdf here.
- “Repetitiveness in Gita translations.” Read in eXchanges.
- Translator’s Note on the Gita translation. Read in eXchanges.
- “Stretch.” XCP. Download pdf here.
- “Halloween” in Dimsum. Download pdf here.
- “Decoding Augustine via Saussure.” In-Between Journal of Literary Criticism. Download pdf here.
- “Caterpillar to Butterfly: Thoreau’s dietary journey.” Thoreau Society Bulletin. Read here.
- Review of Arvind K. Mehrotra’s Songs of Kabir. Translation Review (Vol 83, Issue 1, 2012). Download pdf here.
- Review of Mohammad A Quayum’s Rabindranath Tagore: Selected Short Stories. Cha (Mar 2012, Issue 16.) Read here.
- “He’s a Sweetie.” Translation of Madhurashtakam. Asymptote (Apr 2012).
- “Beauty, A Wave.” Translationof Soundarya Lahari excerpts. Asymptote (Oct 2011).
- “Guru – Hymn in Eight Stanzas.” Translation of Guru-Ashtakam. Anomalous (Issue 3, Sep 2011).
- Kalidasa’s Ritusamharam. Excerpts from the translation for Kalidasa for the 21st Century in Almost Island (Spring 2014).
- Kalidasa’s Meghadutam. Excerpts from the translation for Kalidasa for the 21st Century in Poetry at Sangam.
- Bhagavad Gita. Read excerpts in eXchanges and in
- Ishavasyopanishad. Read in Asymptote.